How do we get our keys?
- It is no longer necessary to wait in line to pick up a key - all of our homes are equipped with lockboxes located at the main entry door of the home. Approximately two weeks prior to the start of your vacation, you will receive an Arrival Instructions via email with the lock code and other important information so that you can drive directly to your home and officially start your vacation!
Does Sandy Shoes provide bed linens, towels and hairdryers?
- We provide one set of fresh bed linens for every bed, sofa bed and trundle bed. All beds will be made except for sofa, top bunk and trundle beds. We also provide one set of towels (bath, hand and face) per guest. Beach and pool towels should be brought from home or purchased locally. All kitchens are well equipped ie: dishes, pots, pans etc. Please contact us ahead of time for any additional items you may need.
What is the deposit and payment schedule?
- A 30% deposit is required in order to confirm a booking. The final balance of the total cost of the booking, including but not limited to accommodations, services and fees, is required 30 days prior to your arrival date. If a booking is made less than 30 days before your arrival date, full payment will be due immediately when making the booking.
Can I pay with a check?
• Yes, checks are accepted. We ask that all checks be received a minimum of 30 days prior to arrival to allow time for processing. **A $35 fee will be charged for any checks returned for nonpayment**
For Homes, Cabins, & Cottages:
Make Checks Payable to: Sandy Shoes Vacation Rentals
Mail all checks to: PO Box 526 Port St. Joe, Fl. 32457
Does every home offer wireless internet service?
- Yes, every vacation rental that we manage has wireless Internet. Also, please refer to our detailed user information provided in the binder in the den of your home for help.
What is your Cancellation Policy?
• If you should have to cancel your reservation or reschedule, please call our office immediately. A cancellation fee of $100 will be charged if you cancel your reservation. No deposits will be refunded on cancellation made less than 30 days unless the unit is re-rented for the same time period. If the unit is re-rented, all deposits and rent paid, minus the $100 reservation and cancellation fee, will be refunded upon receipt of advance rent payment from the new guest.
What is your Pet Policy?
• Cape San Blas was voted the #1 dog friendly beach in 2005 and most of Sandy Shoes homes welcome pets. Check the specific house/cabin to be sure you have chosen a pet friendly home. A $50-$150 non refundable pet deposit is required and guest must keep pet under control at all times, inside and outside. Any damage due to the pet is the responsibility of the pet owner. Please keep pets off beds and furniture. If needed we will furnish sheets to cover furniture to help you.
Are there washers and dryers in every home?
• Yes, all of our homes do have washers and dryers. Some of our cabins at Old Saltworks do not have washers and dryers, please check your specific property for more details. Port St Joe does offer a full service laundry mat located on Reid Avenue.
What do we need to bring?
• Clothes and food items, suntan lotion and beach gear.
Sandy Shoes does provide the following supplies to get you started:
• Travel size dish detergent
• Travel size dishwasher detergent
• One trash bag liner in each trash can
• One small bar of soap per guest
• One roll of toilet paper for each bathroom
• One dish towel and one dish cloth
** Additional supplies to the list above will be the responsibility of the guest.**
Do any of the homes permit smoking?
Smoking is prohibited inside ALL rental homes, cabins, and cottages. Additional charges for carpet cleaning and deodorizing if any evidence of smoking is found in a non-smoking home will occur.
Who do we call if we have questions or concerns?
- A Sandy Shoes representative is available throughout your stay with us. Please use the phone number provided and someone will get back with you as soon as possible, our office is open 7 days a week. Please notify us if you need anything!
When is Trash Service?
- We offer trash service once weekly. Please roll all trash carts to the curb for pick up on Saturday morning all year long.
What do we do when it’s time to leave?
We ask our guest to please leave their home in the same general condition as it was found, to avoid further charges:
• Take out all trash
• Close windows and lock the doors
• Furniture in its original location inside and out (Please do not take furniture to the beach)
• All dishes clean and put away.
• Return keys to the lock box at the door (and pool keys on the counter if applicable)
• Do not remove mattress covers, shams, blankets etc. We have a separate laundry service for those items
• Like us on Facebook & Instagram
• Tell all of your friends what a fabulous time you had!